Through having the experience of working with a variety of media, both 2D and 3D, we help our children to develop their creative and critical skills.
We aim to provide our children with a range of cultural experiences and opportunities including:
- having a specialist art room which is used by every class. This enables us to offer our children the chance to participate in more specialized and messy activities such as batik, printmaking, felting and pottery.
- participation in the Arts through collaborative opportunities such as having a school Arts Week.
- theatre trips outside school and regular visits from educational theatre workshops in school.
- visits to museums, art galleries and exhibitions
- Art Zone, a regular Saturday morning club, open to all key stage two children.
Our children work in a stimulating environment with vibrant, colourful displays in every classroom covering all aspects of the curriculum. There are also twenty five pieces of framed children's art work in our school.